IT STARTS WITH M.E.
Share Your Story. Join The Movement.
Does music make you feel alive? Let’s talk about it!
“It Starts With M.E.” aims to jump start a conversation about the importance of music education. Did you know that in some parts of the country, music is being silenced in school and communities due to a lack of funding, resources, or support? The CMA Foundation exists to combat that shortage, but we need your help.HEAR ARTIST STORIES
If you’ve felt the impact of music, it’s time to talk about it. Join #itstartswithME today!
- Post a photo of yourself to Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. Your photo should include one of the following:
- A throwback photo of you holding a guitar, from a piano recital, whatever you’ve got!
- Someone who has had a musical influence on your life – a music educator, your favorite musician, etc.
- A note card with a skill you’ve learned because of music.
- Write the story of how music has had a powerful impact on your life.
- Include the hashtag #itstartswithME
SHARE YOUR MUSIC EDUCATION STORY
Your story is powerful, and we want to know. Add your story to our growing mosaic and help create a ripple effect that changes future generations. Tell us how music education has personally impacted your life.
We also want to invite you to share your story with others! Help us start a conversation about the importance of music education by joining our It Starts With M.E. social media campaign.
Share your music education story for the chance to get featured on CMA Foundation’s socials alongside some of your favorite artists!